Saturday, February 20, 2010

heyrow everybody!!!! It's Alex's first blog post!!!

I met with Stephen for the first time this week. He's been doing a rockstar job of tutoring. He only has one weekly student on Fridays and he is really happy with how he has gotten her to open up tremendously in the first few weeks of the semester. He doesn't seem to be having any problems with Time Trade or anything like that. With the writing center being significantly slower this semester I have been able to get to know many of the new tutors and I think they all are starting to open up about their experiences tutoring.

Wahoo!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex,
    First, let me say that it's good that you're posting on the blog. I also appreciate that in the down time of spring semester at the WC, you are taking the time and making the effort to reach out to other tutors and mentor them. As the semester progresses, the mentors NEED to write more extensively about their experiences mentoring tutors. Please refer to relevant chapters in "The Elements of Mentoring" in the LS resource room.

    Steve B.

    ReplyDelete