Today was only a semi-productive day because Nita cut my meeting with Tim short. Half way through the session, she came up and told us that we needed to go to the grammar workshop. So we did. Before that, however, we were talking about our past sessions. He had one that I thought, from hearing what he told me, he performed very well on. His student came in and needed help with content more than anything, but was also needing help with grammar. So, instead of trying to divide his time between the two, he focused on the overlying issue (the content). I thought that it was great that he already knows how to focus on the main issues at hand rather than trying to do everything at once.
Then, we talked about one of my sessions because it's always helpful to talk about ESL students. I have one weekly ESL student who needs lots of help with grammar, sentence structure, and content. How I usually handle that session is we will spend about half of it working on grammar and sentence structure and the rest of the time on content. It is a little frustrating that this student doesn't actually show up every week, but what can you do?
That's about all we had time to do before the workshop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment