Monday, April 5, 2010

Gannon

Hello all,

Today I had a different sort of mentoring session with Mike. I tried instead of mulling over his week of tutoring actually having him tutoring me - thus, I am able to see firsthand how his tutoring style works and at the same time I'll be able to improve my own writing. Overall, Mike did a pretty good job asking thought provoking questions while at the same time offering plainspoken advice. However, at times it felt like he was giving too much information, so that I'd still be thinking over something he'd said, just as he moved onto another point. I'm going to think this session over a little more and then I'll present my findings to him next week.

2 comments:

  1. Gannon,
    What a great idea--reverse tutoring! You also observed, quite correctly that Mike has some inconsistencies in his tutoring practice; sometimes giving just the right amount of information while other times giving too much. These issues will no doubt be discussed further with Mike and we all look forward to reading your additional material very soon.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an awesome idea! I'm going to try it next week with Stephen!

    ReplyDelete